AMA is seeking a self-motivated, engineering student with the ability to collaborate well with others and efficiently multi-task between simultaneous, unrelated projects.
The intern will be based in either our Denver or Huntsville office and will work with a local mentor on a weekly basis. The successful candidate may have the opportunity to collaborate with other AMA locations around the country including Hampton, VA; Dallas, TX; Huntsville, AL; and Mountain View, CA.
· Tasks will include a wide spectrum of engineering tasks with a focus on Systems Engineering and Mechanical Design, and possible Nuclear Propulsion systems.
· Applicants must be entering their Junior or Senior year of an undergraduate program or be enrolled in a graduate program.
· Acceptable degree programs: Aerospace, Aeronautical, Structural, Mechanical, or Nuclear Engineering
· Ability to work 20-40 hours per week during the summer.
· Possess strong analytical skills.
· Highly productive team member
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must be a US Citizen due to government facility security requirements.
· Coursework or experience in Aerospace
· Coursework or experience in Systems Engineering
· Coursework or experience in Mechanical Design
· Programming skills
· Familiarity with CAD or other simulation tools
· Familiarity with nuclear systems
AMA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.