Responsible for preparation and programming of computer numeric controlled (CNC) production equipment.
- Develop CNC programs as required for new products, product line extensions and for custom products
- Provide day-to-day support for CNC machines and operators.
- Provide support on process improvement – identification of new equipment, tooling, and processes.
- Initiate and participate with outside suppliers on equipment, tooling and programming
- Provide input on tooling choices for various operations
- Miscellaneous programming as requested by the RD&I, Maintenance / Tool Build, and Performance Engineering groups
- Participate in the training of CNC operators and back up CNC Programmers
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by assisting associates and department leaders in developing and completing improvement ideas along with identification of improvement opportunities
- Troubleshooting/implementation assistance on new machine design, installation, and commissioning
- Lean manufacturing (AMS) support of CNC processes – Written Work Instructions and Standard Work development
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications – Internal
- Two-year technical degree and 1-3 years CNC experience or 3-5 years’ experience in CNC programing, or equivalent training and/or related work experience.
- Understanding of CAD/CAM programming and/or G-code programming language.
- Auto CAD/Inventor capability, ability to read engineering prints and specifications.
- Good level of window and door product knowledge preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, and strong problem-solving skills.