Interested in launching your career in Sales Compensation Consulting?
Rewards Solutions, a unit of Aon’s Human Capital Solutions practice, is looking for an Associate Compensation Consultant to support our growing Sales Effectiveness advisory practice. The ideal candidate for this role is a team player with impeccable attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple priorities, and isn’t afraid to have a little fun along the way.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Sales Force Effectiveness practice in Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA or Houston, TX.
Your impact as an Associate Consultant
Aon’s Sales Force Effectiveness Practice works with organizations to identify, prioritize and capture profitable revenue growth opportunities. Our practice understands that sales people are expensive resources that often operate remotely from headquarters, interact directly with customers and have significant impact on business results. Given these factors, we believe that proper customer targeting, organization deployment, sales talent management and motivation of sales people are critical to our clients’ success. For additional information about the practice, please visit the website at: http://www.aon.com/human-capital-consulting/consulting/sales_effectiveness.jsp
As a Sales Force Effectiveness Associate Consultant, you will be responsible for data analysis, problem solving, solution creation and delivery. You will partner with experienced consultants and leaders to develop greater technical skills and functional knowledge in the area of sales force effectiveness. You will assist on a vast variety of client requests, providing the opportunity for involvement on client projects of all types (public and private; large and small), exposure to dynamic and high-growth industries, and interaction with senior leadership from day one.
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
- Execute project work steps, analyze data, and accumulate knowledge of business models through actual engagements
- Apply cutting-edge consulting methodologies to complex client business problems
- Develop relationships with internal clients such as consultants, peers, and associates in other offices to establish professional reputation and increase project opportunities
- Responsible for interacting and establishing trust with client contacts and maximizing individual utilization.
- Analyze and interpret data and prepare client deliverables
- Support consultants by “owning the data” and fielding questions about figures or methodology
- Guide simultaneous projects through multiple interim steps, completing work fully and on schedule
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of sales effectiveness analysis and programs aimed at addressing clients’ business and people challenges
- Conduct research at the direction of senior consultants.
- Respond to client needs and execute project plans to deliver optimal engagement value to both the client and Aon
- Deliver work products of the highest quality as directed by Sr. Consultants and Project Managers.
- Participate in scheduled and on the job training to develop a full understanding of Aon’s consulting methodologies; Supplement this with outside reading to develop a deeper understanding of the business issues and trends
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis up to 50%
What are we looking for?
We aim to recruit a diverse group of professionals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients.
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Aptitude for defined technical skills; excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables and formula development) and data visualization and analytic tools such as Tableau
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Broad-based and business-oriented understanding of sales process, sales tools, incentives, reporting, planning, quota, territory, forecasting, process and sales talent issues
- Ability to draft business correspondence, reports and presentations
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to synthesize data and develop insights
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think critically and question data
- Demonstration of leadership in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity by reading industry journals, participating in industry wide community activities, and taking advantages of training offered
- Bachelor’s degree with a displayed interest in both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of problem solving (Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science or General Business)
Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2020 – June 2021 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. We do not offer sponsorship for this position – CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
What makes Rewards Solutions unique?
Rewards Solutions empowers the world’s most innovative organizations to hire, retain and engage the amazing people they need to create life-changing solutions and products. We also empower our colleagues for success through top-notch formal training; invaluable on-the-job experiences, including immediate and direct contact with clients; untethered access to our world-class data; a flat organizational hierarchy that allows for fast communication, collaboration and decision-making; and the global resources of Aon. We look for individuals who are inclusive, responsive, agile, work fast, and over-deliver – all while having fun and maintaining a sense of humor.
Rewards Solutions is part of the Human Capital Solutions practice at Aon plc.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.