ARA is looking for Senior Java Developers to join our expanding team in Raleigh NC. We are looking for multiple developers to support projects in the areas of situational awareness, cyber effects modeling, and systems-of-systems modeling. You will be a key member of a team that is developing and integrating technologies to support real-world operations for the Department of Defense.
As a Senior Java Developer with ARA you will:
- Play a significant role in building complex software systems
- Be a key member of a team that is developing and integrating technologies to support real-world operations for the Department of Defense
- Have opportunities to lead software development tasks and contribute across the entire technology stack, from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems and all points in between in a DevOps environment
Senior Java Developer Requirements:
- US citizen with an active DoD Security Clearance or eligible to obtain one (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of experience
- Experience with best practices for software development, including coding standards, code reviews, version control, build processes, and testing
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Junit or Selenium
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Interest in learning new languages and technologies
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems
Senior Java Developer Preferences:
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Android and Spring Boot
- Experience with DevOps technologies and best practices
- Experience with designing and implementing secure web-based applications
- Experience with Containerization and Cloud-based technologies
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/