Want to create software that makes a difference? At Applied Research Associates (ARA), our goal is to improve our nation’s safety, security, and way of life. ARA has been doing cutting-edge modeling and simulation research for decades. Everyone who works here is important, from new faces to those who have worked here since the beginning. Your contribution matters and you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact by joining our team!
Take the project we’re now working on. You will be working on a team that is building a cloud-based development environment. You will work with a multi-disciplinary collaborative team of hardware and software engineers and security specialists to design and implement a secure cloud-based software development and maintenance environment. You will be part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company. ARA is recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences, and you will be on this team.
- You will use your expertise in designing and developing cloud-based environments
- You will develop an architecture that includes:
- Automated access to a suite of shared services, including software development tools
- Automated provisioning of cloud accounts
- Automated compliance enforcement of restrictions on cloud services
- You will implement a continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipeline for software development
- You will be working closely with a collaborative team so your team player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential
Staff DevOps Engineer requirements for the position are as follows:
- Must currently hold an active Secret Clearance
- We are looking for at least a BS in computer science, IT, or a related field with 2-4+ years of relevant experience, or M.S. and 0-2+ years
- Experience with programming languages such as C++, Java, etc.
- AWS experience in deploying, debugging, and maintaining applications
- Knowledge of how to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Can work in both Windows and Linux environments
- Provide technical and operational support in a multi-tenant cloud infrastructure
Staff DevOps Engineer preferences:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift or Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience developing containerized applications using Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes based tooling such as Helm or Istio
- Preferred experience with Agile software development
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code / Configuration as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/