Virtual Heroes/ARA is looking for an exceptionally skilled Technical Artist to add to our development team. The ideal candidate has extensive technical experience in the art efforts for games, simulations, or virtual reality. This person has a solid grasp of art pipelines, and the ability to teach others.
Technical Artist Requirements:
- Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 2+ years relevant professional experience or 8+ years in lieu of degree
- At least 4 years’ experience creating technical art in real-time 3D development
- A thorough understanding of art and animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
Technical Artist Preferences:
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4, including Blueprints, and a passion to apply it to solving real-world training and simulation challenges
- Experience responding to Request for Proposals and Requests for Information from the technical art perspective
- Participating in business development from the technical art perspective
- Estimating the art requirements for potential projects
Technical Artist Required Application Materials:
- Resume with link to portfolio site
- Cover Letter stating why you are interested in working at Virtual Heroes/ARA
- **Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
At Virtual Heroes, we leverage simulation and digital-games-based paradigms to create applications that teach critical skills. As a division of Applied Research Associates (ARA), we work with scientists and engineers of many disciplines and diverse backgrounds to enhance the creativity and innovation of the mission-critical solutions we provide to our customers.
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems. Founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979, ARA currently employs over 1200 1400 professionals and is rapidly growing. Our culture supports our exceptional staff of valued employees and encourages professional growth through continued higher education, participation and publication at technical conferences, and membership in professional organizations. As an ARA employee, you are encouraged to generate new ideas and bring those ideas to life. ARA offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including stock ownership, medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) profit-sharing plan, and annual bonuses. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at http://careers.ara.com.