NOTE: IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ON THE EXTERNAL WEBSITE:
Click on the green “Apply Externally” button.
The Space and Geophysics Laboratory (SGL) delivers multi-platform software suites to government customers for diverse applications, from real-time data-intensive network operations to standalone remote field systems, in both Linux and Windows environments.
We are seeking a developer with a solid understanding of object oriented design, databases, and data structures to join our team. As a member of the team you will be implementing and maintaining algorithms in software to support efforts in remote sensing, natural hazards, and cartography.
- Work as part of a team to provide detailed software design.
- Perform implementation from detailed design.
- Design and implement software.
- Perform unit, regression, and integration testing as appropriate.
- Create/maintain application documentation.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, or other applied sciences.
- Experienced Python or C/C++ application developer.
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Ability to debug software at all stages of development life cycle.
Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physics.
- Three or more years professional experience as a software developer.
- Experience with database application development.
- Experience with geospatial tools such as GDAL, rasterio, or Arcmap.
- Demonstrated experience with object oriented design and methodologies.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 with a GPA of 3.25 or higher in mots recent degree.