The Space and Geophysics Laboratory (SGL) delivers capabilities to government customers for diverse applications, from real-time data-intensive network operations to standalone remote field systems.
Develop, automate, and execute a test suite for high level software and embedded systems. Primarily this is a software development position to create automated tests and tools to support testing and analyzing test results.
- Assist in the definition, development, and implementation of test programs and processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of automating test programs and processes
- Generate and execute test cases.
- Participate in project and requirement reviews. Provide technical interface to sponsors and other external organizations. Identify software and hardware resource requirements.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in science, applied science, or engineering.
- Experience with software or system test development and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, evaluate, and support the development of large and complex systems.
- Experience with various testing activities including test design, documentation, risk analysis, test automation, test results and reporting.
Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- Post-graduate degree in systems engineering, engineering management, engineering mechanics, operations research, industrial engineering, or related field.
- Two or more years of full time direct experience with automated test development.
- Experience with software development in Python, C++, or other object oriented language.
- Scripting with Python and bash.
- Experience with varied test techniques, such as TDD, BDD, Exploratory, and Context-Driven, etc.
- Use of a test automation framework such as Robot Framework or Selenium.
- Experience with GNSS observation and navigation data;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills within a team environment including software developers
- Previous or current eligibility for access to classified information.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0 with a 3.5 in major coursework.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark “yes” on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
Visit our website (www.arlut.utexas.edu) for additional information about Applied Research Laboratories.