Research and development of software applications for sonar and underwater acoustics including algorithm design, implementation, verification, and performance analysis.
- Design, implementation, testing and integration of real-time and data analysis software applications to support the development of high-frequency tactical sonar systems
- Documentation and presentation of work performed
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related field.
- Three years of professional experience developing software in the C++ programming language targeting a Linux environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, data structures/design patterns/algorithm performance analysis.
Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- At least 5 years of professional experience programming in the C++ programming language (or 3+ years with Masters degree).
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in developing multi-threaded, multi-process, multi-machine computational software applications in a Linux environment.
- Experience with open-source build tools and procedures.
- Experience utilizing common application debugging and performance profiling tools.
- Understanding of common network protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Expertise with interpreted scripting languages such as Python or Bash.
- Knowledge of database concepts and/or familiarity with SQL.
- Familiarity with geospatial analysis and GIS concepts.
- Fundamental knowledge of electric circuit theory.
- Exposure to radar or underwater acoustic theory and common digital signal processing techniques.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark “yes” on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
Visit our website (www.arlut.utexas.edu) for additional information about Applied Research Laboratories.