Arena Strategies Internship Fall 2021
Arena Strategies is currently seeking a college student to work part-time remotely as a paid intern for the fall 2021 semester. Arena is a government affairs and consulting firm based in Harrisburg, with connections at every level of government. We work with organizations of all sizes to provide expertise in our three pillars of service – strategic planning, government affairs, and business development. Our principals will be able to provide an individualized experience for a prospective intern. We want to make this a valuable experience for students to hone their professional skills and learn more about the government affairs field. As an intern with Arena, you will be exposed to new issues and delve into data that will enhance your resume while giving you an opportunity to form connections across the political landscape. This internship may be extended past the end of the Fall 2021 semester pending a performance review.
· No college year requirement, though strong candidates will have competitive GPAs.
· All majors welcome, though those with ties to politics, government, communications, or business are preferred.
· Be able to work around 20 hours a week. We can be somewhat flexible to accommodate school schedules. Flexible start date.
· Prior work experience in an office setting or volunteer experience with a political campaign is desirable.
· Comfortable working independently while meeting deadlines.
· Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Understanding of standard office software a must (Microsoft Office), experience with WordPress and state databases a plus.
· While this position is remote, there may be opportunities for optional travel as need-be. Easy access to public transit or a vehicle will be beneficial in these cases.
· Access to a working computer and internet service a must.
· General office correspondence and support.
· Internal and client research covering a wide variety of subjects and analysis.
· Website-based projects including editing and publishing content, maintenance, and updates.
· Attending or staffing events and hearings.
· Communication with various state agencies and officials.
· Additional projects as they develop.
To apply, please submit a resume and (optional) cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.