Areté, an employee-owned company, is a growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States. We support the development of new detection capabilities that use a variety of remote sensing methodologies (EO/IR, Radar, Lidar, Chemical/Biological sensors, etc.).
We are seeking outstanding applicants for our Scientist / Engineering Aide position in our Arlington, VA office. The selected person(s) will work closely with full-time scientists/engineers (exact start date and duration is negotiable based on the summer break schedule). The nature of the work is to provide assistance for a variety of programing tasks; provide integration and test support and apply knowledge obtained to solve routine problems. Work will be done on-site. Great Intern experience.
Generates, revises, updates, compiles, debugs and writes business, scientific, or software computer programs. Develops flow charts and diagrams outlining process steps in operation; develops and revises program code. Prepares documentation of program development, modifications to code and operating instructions. Conducts program tests and may be required to analyze system capabilities to resolve input/output problems.
Researches, designs, develops and verifies signal and image collection systems, and defines and develops processing and dissemination computer algorithms. Develops requirements analysis, system architecture, and integrates new signal and image capture and processing technology systems. Designs, develops and analyzes systems for the extraction of information from sensors. Systems utilization includes implementation of signal and image processing with advanced computer architectures.
Designs, develops, and implements methods, processes and systems to consolidate and analyze diverse data sets including structured and unstructured. Develops software programs, algorithms, dashboards, information tools, and queries to clean, model, integrate and evaluate datasets. Keeps abreast of new analytic methodologies and technologies. Collaborates with functional business units to drive business solutions and direction.
- Design, develop, and test software associated with a variety of sensor systems
- Analyze data, algorithms, and their interaction to improve algorithm performance
- Interact with system and sensor designers to improve hardware
- Present results to other staff and our customers
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates basic technical data
- Produces engineering documentation, reports, and drawings (flow charts, schematics, etc.)
- Uses personal computer in for basic analyses and development of engineering documentation
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Under close supervision, may conduct basic tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Enrolled in a Bachelors/Masters in physical sciences, computer science, engineering, or mathematics
- Experience with scientific programming in Python, MATLAB, C, C++ or similar languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaborate on small teams
- US citizenship.
- Must be eligible to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Required to be on-site; not a remote work position
U.S. citizenship, background screen and drug test are required to meet position eligibility. Submit your resume on-line at: http://www.arete.com.
Areté is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Arete Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.