Position ID: NA202102-P0
Position and Grade: Internship – Radiation Chemistry
Radioisotope Products and Radiation Technology Section
Division Physical and Chemical Sciences
Nuclear Sciences and Applications Department
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Duration of Appointment/Start: 1 year, July/August 2021
The main purpose of the internship is to provide the intern with the opportunity to gain practical work experience in Radiation Chemistry and relevant applications.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
- Support the establishment of e-learning materials related to radiation chemistry and polymer science.
- Assist with the organization of the International Conference on Applications of Radiation Science and Technologies (ICARST 2021).
- Support the organization and report of meetings related to radiation chemistry and polymer science.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong experience with MS Word and Excel spreadsheets.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Chemistry, Polymers or relevant Engineering fields.
- Good written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA’s internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.