The Tableau Developer is responsible for managing the life cycle of Tableau analytics dashboards, including business requirements gathering, functional specification write-up, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, roll-out and post-launch enhancements implementation. As a Tableau Developer you should have the ability to design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards and possess the knowledge and experience on data visualizations best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience.
· Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
· Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
· Reviewing and improving existing BI solutions and collaborating with teams to integrate new BI solutions.
· Conducting unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues.
· Act as Tableau developer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) as well as work closely with internal teams to ensure data sources are accurate, available and analyzable.
· Hands on experience with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management).
· Create and edit queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
· Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
· Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server. Collaborate with internal teams, clean, and standardized data to meet the business requirements.
· Work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
· 3-5 years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau
· 3-5 years of experience using Tableau Desktop, Creator, and Server
· Excellent oral, written skills and listening skills
· A solid understanding of SQL, rational databases, and normalization
· Extensive experience in developing, maintaining, and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture
· Experience working with large and complex data set able to write simple queries to create calculated fields
· Empirical understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.) on process automation and standardization
· Experience working on a support team environment by documenting, researching, solving problems via phone calls or email ticketing system
· Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements and provide the design specifications
· Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed
· Must have excellent verbal communications skills and documentation skills to maintain workflows and dashboard functionality