AST SpaceMobile and our global partners are building the first and only space-based cellular broadband network to be accessible by standard smartphones. Called SpaceMobile, this ultra-powerful network is being designed to provide connectivity at 4G/5G speeds everywhere on the planet – on land, at sea and in flight.
The Electrical Technician Intern will provide semi-professional technical support for engineers working in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or manufacturing. Work pertains to electrical, electronic, or mechanical components or equipment. Performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Have a keen attention to detail
- The ability to use small hand tools and machinery
- The ability to interpret technical manuals, engineering process specs and review documents.
- Good literacy skills to be able to interpret technical manuals, engineering process specs, and be able to complete necessary paperwork tasks as required.
- Fabrication and repair of composite parts & assemblies for aerospace applications.
- Fabrication and preparation of composite molds.
- Actively pursuing a Associates, Bachelors or Technical Degree in Electronics or related field
- Freshman or Sophomore in 2 or 4 year program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge in Microsoft Suite