DS&AI is a new department at AZ, and we are embedding data science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) across our R&D to enable our scientists to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
We are currently seeking candidates who are working towards obtaining a Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Bioinformatics, Quantitative Biology, Physics, Pharmacology, or Bioinformatics for a 12-week (minimum) internship during the summer of 2021.
As a Data Science Intern you will…
- Explore, develop and utilize data science and artificial intelligence skills within biomedical applications.
- Collaborate with AstraZeneca data scientists in applying machine learning, AI, and data science techniques to help push the boundaries of science to develop life changing medicines for patients worldwide.
- Support AstraZeneca data scientists in developing and implementing solutions designed to drive the interrogation of datasets for biological insights.
- Perform AI research, including establishment of hypotheses that can be approached using computational methods and tools.
- Build effective relationships with established range of stakeholders to ensure utilization and value of information resources and services.
- Communicate results clearly and objectively, as well as associated uncertainties and limitations within agreed frameworks.
- Develop, implement and maintain required code and algorithms in a manner that meets AstraZeneca’s best practice requirements.
- Rising college seniors (undergraduate students), Master’s or PhD students pursuing degrees in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Bioinformatics, Quantitative Biology, Physics, Pharmacology, Bioinformatics MD, or MD/PhD background that meets eligible criteria.
- Coding in Python or R, statistical knowledge, data science knowledge, data visualization, machine learning skills such as: regression, classification, clustering, NLP, image analysis, graph theory or similar.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0+.