As an engineer at Atwell, you will work on diverse projects with various size, scope, and detail. You will work in a flexible work environment with a fantastic office culture and a national presence. Atwell is looking for civil engineers that are interested in being a subject matter expert in residential, commercial, or industrial land development. Our diverse project scope will allow you to cross-market your skillset into renewable energy, or oil & gas including working with environmental teams and landscape architects. You will gain a thorough understanding of earthwork analysis and the construction process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT or FE Desired
- Two (2) plus years of experience.
Day to Day
- Draft preliminary and final site plans utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Review project survey data to analyze existing site conditions and factors to consider for development including but not limited to legal descriptions, ALTA surveys, easement documents, and condo documents.
- Prepare reports, opinions, and recommendations for the direction of the project; hydrology/hydraulic studies, due diligence/site analysis reports, engineer’s opinion of probable costs, project schedules, utility computations, detention/retention computations, storm sewer reports, local and state permit applications, stormwater reports, soils reports, earthwork volume calculations, StormCAD reports, WaterCAD reports, and preliminary grading.
- Provide construction-related services such as permit applications, cut sheets, quantity estimates, and transmittals; organize site plans, construction plans, construction sheet set-up and assembly, and other related construction documents under the supervision of senior staff.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D and related engineering software packages to complete assignments on time and within prescribed standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills when interacting with current staff members.