AVANGRID, an innovative and growing energy company, needs a creative and ambitious college student to join our Energy Control Center Operations Engineering Team. You will take part in an Internship program to learn our business inside and out. If you are looking to broaden your skills sets and learn more about careers in energy, apply today. The NYSEG/RGE ECC is part of the critical energy infrastructure and this intern role will be in person based in Binghamton or Vestal, NY.
- Participate in a dynamic internship program where you’ll work on several projects within the control center engineering team – you’ll learn the NYS transmission system, the basics of electric power systems operations, switching and tagging, and how to improve the situational awareness for transmission operators.
- Work with electric operations engineering team to develop your control system and electrical engineering skills.
- Work in an innovative and energized environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Create a comprehensive presentation of your work completed during the program for presentation to the wider organization at the conclusion of the program.
At AVANGRID, we want to grow with you – Here’s what you’ll get:
- Key experiences in control center operations, control center data acquisition, system controls, transmission network power flow and switching, on the electric control center operations engineering team.
- Option to participate in the AVANGRID Mentoring Program.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business through business briefs hosted by AVANGRID senior leaders.
- Opportunities to develop leadership capabilities with leadership development resources.
- Opportunities to network and build lasting relationships with great colleagues from across the globe.
- A focus on innovation and technology.
- A commitment to the environment and providing clean, renewable energy.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Skills and Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Creative and innovative thinking
- General computer skills, record keeping, Office suite applications
- Electric circuit analysis – basic electrical engineering capabilities
- Electric power systems analysis (desirable) – three-phase systems, loadflow and contingency analysis
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters/MBA Degree (Bachelors discipline in Electrical Engineering)
- High Voltage Transmission Line studies relevant to career path
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship