AVANGRID, an innovative and growing energy company, needs a creative and ambitious college student to join our IT Digital team. You will take part in an Internship program to learn our business inside and out. If you are looking to broaden your skills sets and learn more about careers in energy, apply today. As part of our program, you will participate of RPA (Robotics Process Automation) projects within the IT team. AVANGRID IT Digital team leverages the power of different technologies to optimize the complex business processes that helps our business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to run their business process more efficiently. The ideal candidate is communicative, inventive, has initiative, innovation skills and is a good team worker and enjoys taking on new challenges…
- Participate in a dynamic internship program where you’ll work on a major project within the IT Digital team, Customer Service and Operations teams.
- Work with IT Digital team to develop your technical and personal skills.
- Work in an innovative and energized environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Create a comprehensive presentation of your work completed during the program for presentation to the wider organization at the conclusion of the program.
At AVANGRID, we want to grow with you – Here’s what you’ll get:
- Key experiences in RPA, project management skills, team work, innovation, etc. on the IT Digital team.
- Option to participate in the AVANGRID Mentoring Program.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business through business briefs hosted by AVANGRID senior leaders.
- Opportunities to develop leadership capabilities with leadership development resources.
- Opportunities to network and build lasting relationships with great colleagues from across the globe.
- A focus on innovation and technology.
- A commitment to the environment and providing clean, renewable energy.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Skills and Requirements
What you need:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment & learn quickly
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to transfer project requirements into software components and architectures.
- Ability to formulate hypotheses, draw conclusions and deliver results
- Apply software engineering skills, design skills, and creative thinking.
- Design software as scalable architectures, reusable components, API’s and systems.
- Identify and refine project requirements.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Currently a sophomore or junior pursuing a Bachelor’s or first year in Masters/MBA Degree (Computer Science/Machine Learning, Information Systems)
- Project Management studies relevant to career path
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship