Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world’s biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
The Operational Performance group works to develop management tools to support electric operations and provides strategic direction for reliability improvements across all the AVANGRID Networks electric operating companies. Our team executes projects analyzing large sets of data and providing solutions primarily for but not limited to the distribution system, while driving operational performance using KPIs and dashboards.
We currently have two Senior Engineer- Reliability Engineering positions for our Rochester, NY office.
• Provides strategic direction to internal organizations to develop projects reducing circuit interruptions on the transmission and distribution systems.
• Analyzes large data sets to identify systemic problems driving outages or hampering reliability performance.
• Ensure the distribution system is designed to high quality standards that provide customers with safe, reliable, and environmentally sound electric service.
• Develop preliminary engineering designs and estimates to support reliability improvements
• Provide support during project detail design and construction of reliability improvements
• Prepare engineering studies to improve the reliability of the distribution system, as well as ensuring the system is operating within current and voltage parameters
• Validates the effectiveness of established strategies and solutions.
• Manages short-term action plans for operational divisions.
• Provides technical advice to internal stakeholders.
• Field evaluation of asset conditions and failure events.
• Root cause analysis of equipment failures as it pertains to outage events.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and 4-5 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience required
Skills and Requirements:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the electric distribution system and its components with a focus on understanding how different factors contribute to outages and reliability.
• Technical knowledge of the failure methods of distribution and substation equipment including but not limited to transformers, conductors, structures, reclosers, connectors, insulators, and line components.
• Experience designing, executing, and managing distribution utility projects.
• Ability to work independently to accomplish project goals while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and have excellent problem solving, analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to present strategies and solutions to varied internal stakeholders.
• Comfortable navigating and analyzing large data sets.
• Ability to travel to other locations is required – up to 25% of the time.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills