Open to engineering students passionate about Electrical Engineering who are ready to learn practical skills and gain real world experience. Come learn circuit design simulation, PCB development, validation testing, environmental testing, and more under the direction of Senior Engineering staff.
We are looking for candidates with a strong foundation in Electrical Engineering and a desire to build on that foundation with practical applications in the context of certified avionics equipment. No previous experience is necessary, but please share any of your fun or interesting relevant projects. The hours for this position are flexible, may be full-time or part-time, and can be set around your course schedule as necessary.
- Circuit design review, simulation, and analysis for embedded hardware.
- Circuit board design and development.
- Microcontroller, sensor, or other IC selection and evaluation.
- Lab data collection using oscilloscope, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Requirements capture, review, and validation testing.
- Test development for both hardware and software (LabView, C++, Python, etc.).
- Existing product support.
- Prototyping, manufacture, and assembly.
- Assisting with formal design verification and environmental testing.
- Product configuration control and management.
- Cost reductions, design for manufacturing, design for test.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal and written communication (including technical documentation).
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about solving problems.
- Adaptable and flexible with moving deadlines, requirements, and changing focus.
- Able to build relationships with internal and external customers, teams, and stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
- At least 2nd year completed BS in EE or CE
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
Other Desirable Experience:
- Design courses covering microprocessors and typical interfaces: I2C, SPI, etc.
- Exposure to LabView graphical programming language and/or Python.
- Exposure to SPICE (analog electronic circuit simulation).
- Exposure to programmable logic devices Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA’s).
- Familiarity with lab equipment (i.e., power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, etc.).
- Interest in general aviation, private pilot training.
- Hands-on practical project-based experience.