We are looking for Computer Science / Computer Engineer trainees to join us to support portions of Projects that Axle Informatics teams are currently working at NIH.
Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Understanding of application security and identity management.
- Working with web development with NodeJS and Angular.
- Familiarity with OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0.
- Work with RESTful web services, Test automation, agile development and SCRUM.
- Designing new features and performance enhancements for existing systems.
- Participate in testing and fixing bugs in existing written codes
- Gaining on-site work experience at various locations within the NIH.
Who should apply:
- Those who are hungry to learn, mentors feed you with data, tools and resources and let you soar.
- Those who continue to grow and experience real world challenges in line to their academic interests.
- Those who aim to simplify their work processes by finding patterns and making work more efficient.
- Those who care about the quality of their work and are adamant in persisting until a job is complete.
- Those who have a strong work ethic and coolness under pressure in a “live” environment.
Skills we’d love for you to have (but not required):
- Understanding of AngularJS, Node.js and Bootstrap within a dynamic content environment
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Extreme attention to detail.
- Junior or senior BA/BS or working towards MS, Post Baccalaureate or PhD candidate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electricals Engineering and or related fields
- Able to work independently at times and be able to give 40 hours/week.
- Ability to work independently, just as well as general supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.