Are you searching for career opportunities that bring meaning and purpose to your life? Are you ready to proudly support those who protect our nation? Then navigate your way to BAE Systems Inc. Navigation and Sensor Systems in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
BAE Systems is looking for Software Engineers with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for industry-leading Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team seeks engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing software for real-time embedded GPS receivers for military airborne, ground, and weapons applications. This position offers abundant opportunities to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team environment to develop the world’s most cutting edge navigation solutions.
As a part of our unique team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments include tasks such as:
- Designing and writing GPS receiver source code across our product line of hardware form factors
- Debugging or modifying existing code to add new features or correct defects
- Ensuring execution of the software engineering process across the development lifecycle
- Estimation, planning and prioritization of tasks to meet program deadlines
- Reporting on project status and progress measured against specific plans
- Developing host applications and tools to interface and test products
- Supporting in the field integrations and demonstration efforts
- Putting our customer first through customer support activities
- Expanding our knowledge base together through mentorship and training opportunities.
Make the change and join us in our passionate pursuit to protect those that protect us!