Platforms & Services (P&S) Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP)
About the Leadership Development Program
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems as part of our Leadership Development Program (LDP). The LDP is designed to accelerate the development and career of highly-motivated recent college graduates who aspire to achieve their leadership potential. This is accomplished through challenging and rewarding rotational assignments, technical and leadership training, advanced education, leadership opportunities and exposure, and mentorship. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters.
As an Engineering Leadership Development Program participant, you will gain:
- Experience: The ELDP consists of three, one-year rotations; each with increasing responsibility. It is designed to provide diverse set of experiences within Engineering areas and disciplines. ELDP participants are also exposed to a variety of networking opportunities and strategic project initiatives.
- Diversity: The ELDP’s affiliation with other BAE Systems leadership development programs enables participants to work in cross-functional and cross-site rotational assignments
- Flexibility: The ELDP provides a great deal of flexibility and choice for program participants. This flexibility includes ELDP participant input of 2nd and 3rd rotational assignments and/or geographic location.
- Education: BAE Systems offers tuition assistance for graduate school. The school and specific technical degree is left up to the candidate, providing it is applicable to the business.
- Opportunity to travel: BAE Systems has locations worldwide with our ELDP primarily rotating to locations within the United States. Your first rotation will be at one of our major locations, such as York, PA or McLean, VA. These assignments can change based on business need. Your second and third rotations may be at any of our locations nationwide.
- Mentorship: A mentor is assigned to each ELDP participant to expose them to diverse and challenging experiences, while providing guidance in choosing rotations, career development, and off-program placement.
- Personal growth: The program seeks to facilitate the growth of an individual’s leadership skills through an annual, week-long leadership development conference (LDC). This conference provides personalized leadership training as well as an opportunity to network with senior BAE Systems executives and other leadership development program participants across the company.
The ELDP is a three-year rotational program designed to develop high potential, entry-level individuals into future leaders. You’ll have the opportunity to experience assignments in several operational functions, business areas, and product groups nationwide.
Rotational examples include:
- Design Engineering
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Physics-based Analyses
- Test/Verification Engineering
- Production Support
- Systems Engineering
- Project Engineering Management
About BAE Systems
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. Learn more about Platforms & Services here!
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Cover Letter Required:
In order for your application to be considered complete, all applicants must include a cover letter responding to the below prompts:
- Why does BAE Systems stand out to you as an employer?
- What about the ELDP attracts you more than a standard role coming out of college?
- What specific leadership experiences have you had in your high school or collegiate life?
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or other applicable majors)
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities in academic and non-academic pursuits
- Participation in a variety of extracurricular activities
- Capacity and motivation for hard work
- Internship/Co-Op or project experience in related field
- Diverse work experience
All candidates must be able to:
- Relocate during the rotational program
- Start at one of our major locations: York, PA; Sterling Heights, MI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; or San Jose, CA
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Superior communication skills
- Capacity and motivation for hard work
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.