Baker Electric is looking for an Estimator I in our new Cypress office. As an Estimator I you will join the Estimator career path in an entry level position with lots of room for growth. The Estimator I will provide direct support to the pre-construction team by qualifying electrical items, performing take offs, assisting in preparation of bids and other estimating duties as directed by their assigned Sr. Estimator or manager.
A great candidate for this role would be someone who recently obtained their Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or spent some time in the electrical field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume responsibilities of the Estimating Coordinator and provide back up support to the Estimating Coordinator as needed.
- Quantify electrical items (dots and spots) utilizing the estimating software, Accubid LiveCount.
- Support Estimator(s) with review and understanding of project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant project documents to identify what is needed for a project and to create a bid proposal.
- Identify and notate potential problems and inform the Estimator in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of RFI’s and RFP’s by gathering information from relevant parties, such as, Foreman, Estimator, and SME’s
- Assist in the calculation of electrical construction costs based on reviewing available documents.
- Support Estimator in requesting material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers as required by project scope.
- Review scope quotes and accuracy of quotes received.
- Prepares bid documents including specific scope letter for each project. Provide necessary information to your manager who will handle all cost discussions.
- Provide bid progress updates consistently to those involved in the project, such as, company management, project management, clients, and general contractors.
- Proactively complete assigned tasks to effectively meet bid deadlines.
- May perform job walks to ensure that any field conditions have been observed that may affect the construction, may impact the prospective bid, and/or may impact the pre-construction designs and the build services.
- May deliver bids in-person when required.
- Perform other special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or related program (classes in estimating or design)
- In lieu of college degree, 2+ years of commercial field construction / electrical experience or completion of Electrical trade program
- 1-3 years’ experience in general construction estimating is a plus
- Proven ability to learn Engineering programs or relatable CRM/Cloud based software like Salesforce
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Database management
- Software – navigate Accubid LiveCount
- Strong analytic and mathematical skills (good with numbers)
- Aptitude for learning technical drawings and specifications
- Read and follow specifications and SOPs
- Functional knowledge
- Accuracy: High attention to detail and accurate / quick data entry skills
- Self-Control: Task oriented and able to work well with distractions