Position Summary: The Applied Researcher Intern works with Basil Labs’ core team on developing case studies regarding community perceptions and consumer behavior and writing concise, data-driven articles that tell a story about the topic at hand.
Interns will be guided through the process of analyzing data with Tableau and other visualization/data exploration tools and distilling findings into short articles. This internship is an excellent chance for interns interested in startups to become more familiar with the understanding the intricacies of product/market fit for an early stage startup and how thought leadership and research can play a crucial role in shaping the mission of the company.
- This position is meant for self-starters with an interest in startups and research.
- This is a remote research position.
- This is an unpaid position.
Experience and skills:
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Past experience with analytical tools (Excel, Tableau, Power BI, STATA, SPSS — any and all experience preferred, but at the end of the day, we’re looking for people who can tell compelling stories via data)
- Able to work independently and set/meet deadlines
- Strong communications skills
Talk to us about your good ideas, willingness to innovate and dedication to projects you’re passionate about.
Please note that this is an UNPAID internship position. If you would like to receive academic credit for this internship, please send materials from your institution to the email above along with your application.