Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking graduate level electrical and computer engineering interns for full-time summer employment as an intern in 2022 with part-time hours as an intern in the fall of 2022.
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
- This position is a project engineering-oriented position responsible for the development of nuclear reactor and electric power distribution instrumentation and control systems and related devices and begins with system concept and continues through the end of system life.
- Specific job responsibilities include the preparation of system performance and test specifications; verification and approval of supplier designs; engineering follow through manufacturing, test, and installation; resolution of fielded equipment problems; extensive communications with customer and supplier personnel.
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Must be available to work full-time hours during the summer of 2022 and part-time hours during the fall of 2022.
- The ideal candidate will have finished their undergraduate degree by the spring of 2022 and be entering a graduate program by the fall of 2022.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
- Experience with electrical instrumentation, control, and/or power conversion equipment design.
- Background should include experience in one or more of the following areas: system design and integration; analog and digital circuit design; solid-state power conversion.
- Knowledge of microprocessors, digital signal processors, complex logic devices (including VHDL), software (C C++, ADA), power semi-conductors, and electromechanical devices is desired.
- A proven track record of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities is also desired.
BPMI’s interns are eligible for the following benefits:
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.