Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking electrical and computer engineers to begin work in the fourth quarter of 2021 or early 2022. We have positions available for recent graduates as well as experienced engineers.
- This position is a project engineering-oriented position responsible for the development of nuclear reactor and electric power distribution instrumentation and control systems and related devices and begins with system concept and continues through the end of system life.
- Specific job responsibilities include the preparation of system performance and test specifications; verification and approval of supplier designs; engineering follow through manufacturing, test, and installation; resolution of fielded equipment problems; extensive communications with customer and supplier personnel.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
- Experience with electrical instrumentation, control, and/or power conversion equipment design.
- Background should include experience in one or more of the following areas: system design and integration; analog and digital circuit design; solid-state power conversion.
- Knowledge of microprocessors, digital signal processors, complex logic devices (including VHDL), software (C C++, ADA), power semi-conductors, and electromechanical devices is desired.
- A proven track record of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities is also desired.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
– 401(k) Plan with company match
– Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.