Luxury Spirits Start-Up Hiring E-Commerce and Finance Analyst
Bhakta Spirits is a forward-looking, family-owned luxury brand founded by accomplished entrepreneur and founder of WhistlePig, Raj Peter Bhakta. Everything we do is full of character. Based out of our recently purchased college campus in Vermont, we currently offer the finest and rarest spirits portfolio on the market. With this foundation, Raj is committed to constructing the finest and most dominant spirits company in the world. Full stop.
At our core, we are committed to building a community of entrepreneurial minds and exciting ventures to fuel the optimistic revitalization of our region. Raj aims to build an incubator and accelerator for exciting food, beverage, and consumer product businesses based out on our campus. As an able team of innovators in the food/beverage, entertainment, hospitality, and education spheres, we possess all the resources necessary to excel in this broad scope.
Here’s where you come in.
Raj is searching for a collaborative and tech-savvy analyst to help execute the brand’s E-Commerce, Traditional Sales, and Finance strategy. While the spirits world has been slow to catch up to the E-Commerce boom, Raj sees it as a vital piece to skyrocketing our brand growth.
With data analytics experience, business instincts, and most importantly, an interest in measuring and improving our online sales strategy across various digital platforms, you will work directly with Raj, our Director of E-Commerce, and our Director of Sales to launch, build out, and master an industry-defining E-Commerce and Business Analytics program.
Job Description and Qualifications:
- Assist and analyze our Web & E-Commerce analytics center, using tools for reporting actionable insights, takeaways, optimization recommendations, and action plans.
- Work directly under our Director of E-Commerce to measure website funnel performance and identify opportunities to improve E-Commerce KPIs.
- Work with our Content Production Team to manage, monitor & optimize digital ad campaigns and digital marketing resources.
- Master the latest trends in the luxury spirits E-Commerce market.
- Work directly with our CFO on real estate, finance, and analytics projects.
- Assist our Sales Team in reporting weekly, monthly, and quarterly retail, on-premise, and online sales trends.
- A bachelor’s degree in a field with an emphasis on statistical and data analysis skills, such as Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Business Administration or Economics.
- Experience in developing financial/business analysis and visualization.
- Proficiency in Excel, with experience im Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics, and Facebook Ad Manager preferred.
- Ability to craft KPI dashboards and data reports.
- Coding and Data Visualization background preferred.
- Superior planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, driven for the best output, creative thinker and solution-oriented.
- Willing to take the leap on a unique, out of the ordinary experience. We look for those who create their own paths.
What We’re Offering:
- Salary and equity packages will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Health Benefits and Life Insurance.
- Housing Available, if desired.
How to apply:
- In one file, please send in a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After you apply, expect to hear back from our team shortly.
- Final stage candidates will interview with our Founder, Raj Bhakta.
Our founder, Raj Peter Bhakta, grew WhistlePig into America’s premier luxury rye whiskey brand — a business worth hundreds of millions. Now, just as he revived rye whiskey, he is doing the same for French Armagnac.
In 2019, Raj purchased the Ryst-Dupeyron Château in Condom, France, along with the family’s historic collection of Armagnac brandy. Bhakta Spirits and our flagship product, BHAKTA 50, were born. Blending vintages dating back to 1868, the whisky-finished Armagnac has a 50-year age statement and starting price point of $420.
We have secured the rarest spirit on the market, and our new portfolio will only grow from here. Our properties certainly have…
In August 2020, Raj bought a college… yes, a college. With his acquisition of Green Mountain College, a former liberal arts school, Raj is transforming the 125-acre property into a site for economic, educational, and agricultural revival. Though no students currently reside on campus, the Bhakta ethos has already begun to breathe life back into the property.
Beyond our campus in Poultney, Vermont, we have a farm just to the north in Shoreham; a thousand-acre sugarcane and cattle farm in Vero Beach, Florida; and a château in Condom, France. Across all of our properties, we produce the grapes, apples, grain, and gusto that are the foundation of our spirits ecosystem.
Our Unique Work Environment
Based on our campus in the quaint mountain town of Poultney, Vermont, this position is in-person from Day 1. When was the last time you heard of a startup with its headquarters on an empty, restored college property?
Though we’re a company steeped in history, we have little regard for conventions. Planning sessions frequently occur during walk-and-talk hikes on the college’s trail network or up local mountains, and, from time to time, you may be asked to help make snowmen with Raj and his kids.
In short, it is a frenetic environment where philosophical discussions coexist with a love for the great outdoors, all under the aegis of progress and optimism. We hope you apply!