UnBiasIt I Systems Software Engineering Intern
UnBiasIt is a minority-owned tech start-up financed and launched by the Black Progress Matters Minority-Business Incubation Program. UnBiasItData Detect 1.o is their premier solution for capturing, cleaning, managing, and providing access to all of our customer’s dark data [providing a consistent, defensible manner to apply critical compliance, purge, or retain decisions].
Start: For Immediate
Commitment: 15-20 hours per week
UnBiasIt is seeking a Systems Software Engineer Intern to be responsible for the company’s networks, both internal and external. Your primary role will be to effectively learn to maintain the network, hardware, software and other related systems including production systems and development labs, by shadowing your designated development team members. You will also be tasked with learning to protect the network from external threats as well as performing disaster recovery readiness and operations. You will work closely with support staff, developers and other network users to identify areas of improvement and fix existing concerns.
As an intern on the team, your work will focus on:
- Research, design, and develop features that ….
- Collaborate with …. Help develop state of the art technologies for big data processing.
- Establish a networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with development and support staff on network optimization.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Helps assist with network projects, and reporting to accomplish client services missions.
- Perform disaster recovery operations when necessary.
- Monitor network performance and resolve issues when they arise.
- Update and maintain the development of lab systems.
- Manage Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365 configuration for the enterprise.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of (bold items required):
- Essential algorithms and data structures
- Excellent technical communication
- Database internals
- Distributed computing/systems, distributed storage, esp. Fault Tolerance techniques
- GDB, Valgrind, binary profiling tools such as operf
- Database and File System Internals.
You must be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and have the following credentials:
- BS in Information Technology related field with a focus in network engineering or comparable work experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with network infrastructure and hardware.
- Microsoft and Linux based network technologies including LDAP, file servers, firewalls, etc…
- Experience with Networking Security.
- Flexible availability to handle unexpected outages.
- Ability to work with all levels of users within and outside of the organization.
- Create network diagrams and documentation regarding design and network planning.
- Execute network and infrastructure plans.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve networking and infrastructure issues.
You can expect to learn more about all of the above, plus:
- How to design changes which support real customer needs
- How to debug a complex system
- Working on a team
- Testing your code
- Practical software optimization techniques
- Planning and executing a software project.
About Our Product
UnBiasItData Detect is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world’s most data-driven organizations to help in capturing, cleaning, managing, and providing access to all of our customer’s dark data [providing a consistent, defensible manner in which to apply critical compliance, purge, or retain decisions].