Iron Fish is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to manage multifamily unit renovation projects. This position reports to the Director of Unit Renovations for the Mid-Atlantic region. Applicant must possess a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently with limited supervision, strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Assistant Project Manager will be on-site at projects based primarily in the Metropolitan Washington DC area; however, a willingness to travel as needed is a must.
Assist with the Following Activities:
- Provide on-site project supervision to ensure project goals and objectives are met
- Oversee subcontractors on each job site and provide direction as needed
- Work with suppliers and trade partners to schedule and track materials and equipment deliveries and installation
- Ensure quality control
- Perform unit inspections and take corrective action as needed
- Manage schedule to ensure timely completion
- Coordinate municipality inspections
- Assist with procuring and tracking permits
- Maintain project logs
- Assist with project buyout
- Monitor and report on construction progress to management
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- High school education or GED
- Associates degree or vocational training preferred
- 2 years’ experience in related construction field with multifamily construction experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform functions efficiently and accurately with little direct supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Adobe.
About Iron Fish Construction:
Iron Fish Construction is a full service general contractor and leader in multifamily renovations and construction. Established in 2017, Iron Fish’s Head of Construction and President is Forest Dalton. Mr. Dalton brings over 30 years of industry expertise and he has completed over $500 million of renovation and capital improvements in his career. Iron Fish has deep industry relationships and asset knowledge and is adept at consistently executing projects throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and the Carolinas.
Iron Fish provides due diligence services including budget and scope development, asset preservation, risk assessment inspections, and design. Among the most common services that Iron Fish provides to its clients are:
- Interior Unit Renovations
- Property common area and amenity renovations
- Exterior re-paints
- Exterior stucco and wood replacement
- Exterior structural repairs and waterproofing
- Window and door replacements
- Roof replacements
- Carpentry repairs
- Balcony and deck re-builds
- Building systems replacement
It is the mission of Iron Fish Construction to provide our clients with the stability and comfort that your project will be completed on time and to the highest standards of quality. Furthermore, it is the mission of Iron Fish Construction to develop a world class general contracting platform that services institutional grade apartment owners throughout the east coast.