Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $619 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Hedge Fund Solutions
Blackstone BAAM Overview:
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®) manages approximately $79 billion across a diversified set of businesses, including a customized portfolio solutions business, a special situations platform, a business that purchases GP stakes in alternative asset managers, an open-ended mutual fund platform, and an emerging manager seeding business. BAAM invests across a variety of asset classes and strategies to create solutions for its investors. Through its sharp focus on clients’ goals, a rigorous due-diligence process and access to Blackstone’s global insights, BAAM strives to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns across market cycles while mitigating downside risk during stressed market environments.
BAAM’s Business & Financial Evaluation (“BFE”) Team is responsible for performing initial and ongoing operational due diligence with respect to BAAM’s underlying hedge fund managers and other key business relationships, across all BAAM platforms. BFE evaluates managers based upon all non-investment aspects of the business, specifically focusing on business viability, operational, technology and compliance risks associated with managing an alternative asset investment firm. The BFE Team uses a collaborative and consultative approach to its pre-investment and ongoing diligence efforts, developing strong partnerships with key professionals at each underlying hedge fund, and personnel across the firm. BFE works closely with investment research and other functional teams across BAAM throughout the diligence.
A Summer Analyst’s responsibilities will include a variety of tasks associated with the team’s evaluation of a hedge fund manager from an operational risk perspective. The Summer Analyst will also be expected to assist with, and/or lead, as necessary, any ad hoc projects.
Specific tasks may include:
- Participating in operational due diligence meetings and calls covering both hedge funds and hedge fund service providers and producing documentation summarizing key developments and BFE’s risk assessment
- Performing research on the hedge fund and asset management industry (including summaries of regulatory developments, current events, industry periodicals)
- Performing queries to analyze industry trends, and preparing information for management or investor reports
In addition to working at one of the world’s leading alternative investment firms, Summer Analysts gain the opportunity to access and learn about the dynamic and unique hedge fund market. Meetings are often conducted with the COO, CFO, General Counsel, Compliance Officer and Marketing and Investor Relations personnel of the respective funds, giving analysts exposure to seasoned industry professionals. The BFE team works closely with BAAM’s COO and other senior members of BAAM, leading to a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
BAAM seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior academic endeavors.
- We are specifically targeting candidates who have a strong desire to learn about hedge funds and the financial services industry from an operational and business perspective.
- In addition to strong analytical, research and quantitative skills, a successful candidate must have strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to write and present content effectively and the desire to work in a team environment.
- Additional qualifications include: exceptional personal/professional skills, a strong work ethic, self-motivation and proactivity, and an ability to stay organized.
- Lastly, we seek candidates who would like to establish a long-term career path within an organization that offers growth prospects.
To be considered for the 2022 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.