Design Lab Intern at Block Renovation
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
Block has a team dedicated to strategizing ways to help enhance the customer experience with the use of design as part of our sales process. As a Design Lab intern at Block you will collaborate with our dynamic team across various disciplines. You’ll be executing on design deliverables on new and existing Lab projects focused on increasing. We’re looking for a creative designer with great communication skills who thrives in a fast paced collaborative environment.
Key day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Support our design lab leads by collaborating and brainstorming ideas around new Lab projects and tests.
- Create 3D renderings and visualizations for various projects and initiatives.
- Prepare presentations and participate in research projects.
- Use client feedback to inform future Design Lab tests.
- Continue to develop professionally within the company and wider entrepreneurial community
- Proven qualifications within a design discipline. Architecture or interior design degree is a plus
- Fluency in a 3D software program, preferably Revit or Sketchup.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite.
- You take direction well and exhibit good time-management and communication skills.
- Passionate about creating great consumer experiences
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized
- Work in the field and in the office
- Vacation days and company holidays
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
Problems are our fuel
Collaborate with tenacity and humility
Save money where we should
Speed is our advantage