Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
We’re looking for an energetic and ambitious Recruiting Intern who would help support the following:
• Provide administrative support to recruitment team in the form of scheduling interviews and keeping calendars updated
• Source resumes and conduct initial phone screens
• Establish and post job advertisements on job search websites (Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor)
• Keep accurate and detailed records of candidate interviews and hire statuses
• Report on statuses of candidates, candidate flow, and workflows through a candidate’s recruitment process
• Partner with multiple departments to complete administrative tasks and provide streamlined communication
• Ensure a smooth onboarding process for new hires including but not limited to sending offer letters, gathering professional bios, reminder emails, etc.
• Assist in the planning and execution of cultural and hiring/recruiting events
• Complete data entry into our Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse
• Assist HR team with project-based tasks
• Highly organized, responsible, and punctual
• Remote College/Work experience
• Strong multi-tasker
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Stable internet speed, ideally 100Mbps/10Mbps
• Intermediate skills in Outlook (mail system and calendar management), Microsoft Word, and Google Docs
- Early stage employee equity
- Vacation days and company holidays
- 100% employer subsidized health insurance, dental, vision
- 12 weeks fully paid family leave + optional leave
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
Problems are our fuel.
Collaborate with tenacity and humility.
Save money where we should.
Speed is our advantage.