Analyzes current operational functions and offers and implements improvements. Maintains databases and extracts data for analysis. Runs and reviews reports, analyzing results in support of operational functions.
- 30% Extracts data from multiple systems and departments using various data manipulation and extraction techniques for regular, cyclical, and ad hoc reporting.
- 30% Performs research, analyzes reports, and creates statistical models for presentation/review. Summarizes findings and communicates results to management.
- 30% Identifies operational inadequacies and uses various skills and resources to retool processes.
- 10% Communicates with other areas regarding outcomes and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Healthcare, or other related field OR
- Two year degree in Computer Science, Business or related field and two years of reporting and data analysis work experience OR
- Four years reporting and data analysis experience
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- Two years related research and analysis experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational, customer service, communications, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate information and ideas to technical and non-technical people
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations and understand mathematical and statistical concepts Knowledge of relevant computer support systems
- Attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Negotiation or persuasion skills
Required Software and Tools:
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to acquire programming skills across various software platforms
Preferred Software and Other Tools:
- SAS and/or DB2, or other relational database
- VBA/Visual Basic
- Typical office environment
- Some travel between buildings and out of town