Financial Institutions Coverage (FIC) manages relationships with clients including the largest banks, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance companies, private equity and sovereign nations. FIC originates deals, working with internal product specialists such as Sales & Trading (Credit, G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, etc.), Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Corporate Finance, Clearing and Custody to execute deals and win mandates. You will learn about various products and engage in relationship-based, client-facing projects as you work with bankers who own client relationships, understand a client’s needs and themes/trends affecting the industry.
FIC is at the heart of Corporate and Institutional Banking and focuses on developing and leading global long-term relationships with our institutional clients. FIC Bankers provide:
- Industry-specific expertise focused on banks, insurance companies, asset managers, hedge funds, financial sponsors, and official institutions
- Client-focused relationship management, acting as Strategic Advisors by developing and managing C-Suite relationships
- High quality, customized solutions through our access to resources afforded by BNP Paribas’ global product offering and extensive international network
As a FIC summer intern, you will:
- Work with relationship bankers throughout the transaction origination cycle
- Network with all FIC Client sectors, team members, and product partners and stakeholders
- Research client and industry-wide financial information and market trends to update bankers on trends affecting their Clients’ needs
- Build pitch books for marketing presentations and learn to coordinate with various product groups to prepare Bankers for client meetings and marketing/sales initiatives
- Analyze Client financial statements, statistical exhibits and provide peer comparative analytics
- Analyze and understand Client market share, revenue composition and trends
- Provide Client earnings call summaries for Management
- Present a project on emerging enablers/disruptors (ESG, Fintech and Cryptocurrencies, Private Credit, etc.) that impact the FIC sectors and our strategic plans
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2023 – Spring 2024
- All majors accepted
- PowerPoint and basic excel skills preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
WHAT DOES A SUMMER 2023 INTERNSHIP WITH BNP PARIBAS LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The internship program is our primary source for hiring early talent into the Bank, providing you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
Over 10 weeks, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you will join a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. Through the program, interns have a distinct opportunity to gain guidance from mentors and exposure to senior leaders within the Bank.
As an Intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to succeed, and allow you to network with your intern class across all business divisions
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Bank, gaining exposure to real work in order to identify your skills and explore where your interests align
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events
Anticipated Program Dates: June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character, upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
The annualized base salary for this position in New York, NY is $100,000.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.