- You will be assigned specific projects that you will be involved in with an experienced BOCA team member. You will take part in all steps of the project process.
- Study and learn the ABC of elevator terminology from the materials that we will provide to you; this in conjunction with you joining us on couple of surveys to better understand the meaning and the function of each term that you would encounter in the specialty books
- Participate in collecting population data from the sites for traffic studies
- Participate in collecting information from sites for feasibility studies and hand draw sketches of field conditions that will be used for the feasibility purpose.
- Learn how to operate the PMT by studying the PMT technical brochure and also by joining others when they retrieve data in field for ride quality.
- You will create all project related documents as necessary
- Retrieve required information and populate the engineering work log in the current mod jobs folder
- Log and print drawings received from contractors for approval
- Work with marked-up drawings
- Log in the submittal excel spreadsheet all submittals received and follow up with Project Manager
- At the specific request from Project Manager or Engineer send out emails to contractors to request /remind them to send for approval the proposed equipment cut sheets and engineered drawings.
Depending on building restrictions you will attend Field visits as coordinated with the appropriate BOCA team member:
- Walk-through to see various equipment at work and to interaction with the Contractors taking notes of the questions they may raise as they are walking on the site