Join the industry leader! BOLAND provides clients with sustainable and energy efficient solutions for commercial, institutional and industrial buildings in the Washington, DC / Baltimore metropolitan area. We allow building occupants and owners to do what they do best — focus on business, not buildings.
Did you know we have been named a “Best Place to Work” by ‘Washington Business Journal’ 13 times?
Optimization Engineering Intern (Fall semester): Responsible for aggregating and analyzing building data in order to generate recommendations and client consultation reports to help clients make their buildings better. Provide analysis of client’s energy & utility data, and assist Applied Building Insights (ABI) team members with data analysis and reports.
– Collect and aggregate building data sources (HVAC, energy, water, etc.) and assist Optimization Engineers with analysis and development of operational and efficiency improvements in buildings.
– Use Microsoft & Trane software applications to input & visualize data into Consultation reports.
– Input building utility data and assist Energy Engineers with analysis and developing recommendations for energy efficiency opportunities.
– Learn to use Trane and Boland building and energy analysis tools.
– Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Data Science and Analytics or related major
– Available to work 15 + hours per week
– Previously completed mechanical courses is a plus, interest in energy and sustainability.
– Experience with data visualization and analytics tools is a plus
– Strong problem solving and data analyzing skills, self-sufficient, independent, bright, intuitive, focused
– Proficient with Microsoft Excel
– Excellent pay
– Great and supportive work environment
– Professional training and growth
– Generous educational assistance program
– Recognition and outstanding co-workers!
If you are interested in joining the Boland team, please apply through Boland website: www.boland.com/careers
We want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.