Electrical Engineering Intern (Controls & Automation) – Houston, TX
In order to be considered for a role, you MUST upload your resume plus transcript and complete your online application.
NOTE: Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity. If you are not sure that this is the opportunity for you, please return to our Degree Matcher to review your other matches
Control and Automation Engineer: The role of a Control & Automation Intern in Upstream at BP is to enable a relatively small number of operators to have full control of complex manufacturing plants, which include oil & gas production sites such as oil rigs. It’s the control & automation engineer’s job to optimize production and enhance safety by making improvements to process control, as well as designing and maintaining the integrated control and safety systems (ICSS) that house these controls. The work can also encompass Subsea Control Systems for our subsea facilities used in both shallow and deep water offshore installations.
• Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
• BP will not support US Immigration sponsorship for internships or full-time/long-term employment
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
• Must be available for a continuous 12 week period for duration of summer internship
• Majoring in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline
• Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship
As a first step, nothing prepares you better for a career with us than an internship. Our internship program provides hands-on, career-specific experience working full-time, usually during summer breaks. You will work on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help to solve some of the most important issues we face. You will experience genuine teamwork, and work alongside highly qualified and experienced colleagues, while you work on live projects and operations, using the latest equipment and technology. Every year, we take interns studying a range of disciplines into our summer internship program, many of whom go on to join us full-time when they graduate. Opportunities exist in all major areas of BP to explore your career aspirations and develop the technical and professional skills you will need for a successful career, while earning a competitive salary and learning about the world of business.
Summer internships last 12 weeks.
The Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as midstream transportation, storage and processing. We also market and trade natural gas, including liquefied natural gas, power and natural gas liquids.
We deliver our exploration, development and production activities through five global technical and operating functions:
• The exploration function is responsible for renewing our resource base through access, exploration and appraisal, while the reservoir development function is responsible for the stewardship of our resource portfolio over the life of each field.
• The global wells organization and the global projects organization are responsible for the safe, reliable and compliant execution of wells (drilling and completions) and major projects.
• The global operations organization is responsible for safe, reliable and compliant operations, including upstream production assets and midstream transportation and processing activities.
We optimize and integrate the delivery of these activities across 12 regions, with support provided by global functions in specialist areas of expertise: technology, finance, procurement and supply chain, human resources and information technology.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.