Upstream – Mechanical Engineering Intern (Houston, TX)
In order to be considered for a role, you MUST upload your resume plus transcript and complete your online application.
NOTE: Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity. If you are not sure that this is the opportunity for you, please return to our Degree Matcher to review your other matches
The role of a Mechanical Engineer in Upstream at BP is to:
Ensure the ongoing integrity and availability of our facilities from initial equipment design, selection, specification and layout through to maintenance and inspection of rotating machinery and static equipment. These roles will routinely interact with contractor mechanical engineering project staff, providing mechanical engineering technical guidance and assurance for Major Projects with strict adherence to approved codes, specifications, design basis documents, and BP integrity management and HSSE principles.
Mechanical Engineer: The role of a Mechanical Engineer Intern in Upstream at BP is to be responsible for the management of offshore pipelines, riser and flowlines system integrity.
Subsea and Floating Systems Engineer: The role of a Subsea and Floating Systems Engineer Intern in Upstream at BP s to provide operational flow assurance support for subsea risers and flow lines. The systems of primary focus for this position are subsea infield risers and flow lines, and where appropriate also interfacing with aspects of wells and process.
Pipeline/Flowline Engineer: The role of a Pipeline/Flowline Engineering Intern in Upstream at BP is to be responsible for the management of offshore pipelines, riser and flowlines system integrity.
• Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
• BP will not support US Immigration sponsorship for full-time or long-term employment
• Seeking a Bachelor’s degree
• Must be available for a continuous 12 week period for duration of summer internship
• Majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or closely related discipline
• Students should be in the 3rd year of a four-year degree program
• Graduating in December 2019 through August 2020
As a first step, nothing prepares you better for a career with us than an internship. Our internship program provides hands-on, career-specific experience working full-time, usually during summer breaks. You will work on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help to solve some of the most important issues we face. You will experience genuine teamwork, and work alongside highly qualified and experienced colleagues, while you work on live projects and operations, using the latest equipment and technology. Every year, we take interns studying a range of disciplines into our summer internship program, many of whom go on to join us full-time when they graduate. Opportunities exist in all major areas of BP to explore your career aspirations and develop the technical and professional skills you will need for a successful career, while earning a competitive salary and learning about the world of business.
Summer internships last 12 weeks.
The Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as midstream transportation, storage and processing. We also market and trade natural gas, including liquefied natural gas, power and natural gas liquids.
We deliver our exploration, development and production activities through five global technical and operating functions:
• The exploration function is responsible for renewing our resource base through access, exploration and appraisal, while the reservoir development function is responsible for the stewardship of our resource portfolio over the life of each field.
• The global wells organization and the global projects organization are responsible for the safe, reliable and compliant execution of wells (drilling and completions) and major projects.
• The global operations organization is responsible for safe, reliable and compliant operations, including upstream production assets and midstream transportation and processing activities.
We optimize and integrate the delivery of these activities across 12 regions, with support provided by global functions in specialist areas of expertise: technology, finance, procurement and supply chain, human resources and information technology.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.