The mission of the Stakeholder and Community Relation Office is to develop best-in-class communications, science education, and community involvement programs that advance the science and science education missions of the Laboratory. The Office of Educational Programs administers a variety of summer programming through it’s Pre-College Programs.
Assist lead instructor for the virtual remote STEM Prep Summer Institute in Scientific Computing and Rising STEM Scholars.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support lead instructor remote virtual instruction as needed.
- Enforce BNL safety regulations and program expectations.
- Support students and lead instructor in program deliverables.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be an upper level college or graduate level student enrolled in a STEM or STEM education program.
- Must work well in diverse group settings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficient in computer language such as but not limited to C++ and Python
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Formal or informal teaching experience.
- Bilingual skills.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab.We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/file