Burns is a nationally respected provider of specialized engineering services, bringing highly technical, sought-after engineering expertise to complex transportation and critical infrastructure projects.
We are looking for high-energy, smart, collaborative individuals who want the opportunity to “write their own story” with us. Our people are what make us special, and we are dedicated to finding the right employees to fit our culture. In turn, we strive to help each person feel fulfilled and do work they are passionate about. Spend your summer putting your coursework knowledge to the test by solving some of the toughest engineering challenges. Burns Engineering is an award-winning engineering firm headquartered in Center City Philadelphia that provides professional design and construction management and design/build services. Our well-respected reputation of customer service and technical quality spans 57 years.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern to join our Railroad and Transit team in our Washington, D.C. office.
Assists the senior engineering staff in the execution of the technical activities required on assigned projects and learns the discipline technical policies and procedures. Under supervision, participates in technical studies, investigations and designs on assigned projects. Assists the project team in the production of projects on time, within budget and of high technical quality.
- Learns company technical policies, procedures and standards during the execution of projects for clients.
- Under supervision, assists in the execution of design processes on assigned projects and requests assistance from senior technical staff when needed.
- Assists the design team in the coordination of project designs with other disciplines.
- Observes and learns the execution of specific engineering studies and design analyses.
- Accompanies senior technical staff in performing on-site inspections during construction and learns how to communicate design requirements with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Actively participates in professional organizations where the technical reputation and image of the firm may be enhanced.
- Must be a Junior or Senior enrolled in a four-year undergraduate engineering program OR a Master’s student enrolled in a graduate engineering program
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- 0-2 years internship experience preferred
- Design software experience preferred
- A demonstrated ability to learn the basics of design and analyses within his or her discipline and grow within the firm
Why Join The Burns Team
Recently voted a Top Workplace by philly.com, we credit our strength as an organization to our talented, driven, vibrant team. Burns is an ENR Top 500 Firm and has been named a MEP Giant by Consulting-Specifying Engineer Magazine, as well as a Hot Firm by Zweig. We are industry experts, proven leaders, innovative thinkers, and team players. We put our clients’ successes and best interests first, because their success is our success. We have fun at work because we love making a difference in the world. We are looking for high-energy, bright, collaborative individuals who want the opportunity to “write their own story” with us.
Applying To Burns
As a member of our team, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested, qualified candidates must apply on the Burns’ career site at www.burns-group.com to be considered for a specific opportunity. Individuals needing assistance to apply for an open opportunity should contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
At Burns Engineering, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Burns believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success