We are a single, global computational community. All of us at Buro Happold apply a computational engineering mindset to every project we undertake.
On a daily basis, we use computational methods to solve complex design problems, creating real value and depth to all our work. Our decentralized and open approach to technology and computational development aligns with our firm’s culture of collaboration. We believe coding and scripting is for everyone.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
· Undertake responsibilities as identified by the Computational Design Lead
· Work on computational development, developing Code-based and Dynamo/Grasshopper-based solutions to optimize complex engineering workflows
· Collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams to identify computational opportunities and deliver project work effectively
· Actively review emerging technologies and industry-wide computational design applications and identify development opportunities
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation. In return we ask you to bring the following:
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field with a focus on computational design methods
· Experience using Revit, Revit API, Dynamo, Rhino, Grasshopper, C#, Python, C++, Unreal Engine, XR Applications preferred
· Familiarity with identification and implementation of emerging technologies into AEC delivery methods
· Internship or co-op experience in a consultancy environment with BIM and computational design workflows
· Enthusiasm for design technology and using computational design-based solutions to improve the design and performance of the built environment
· Ability to multi-task, effectively manage time, and maintain ongoing project focus
· Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
· Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!