The Business-Industry Political Action Committee (BIPAC) is looking for a motivated, organized student or recent graduate who can work at least 20 hours or 3 days per week. The Advocacy and Voter Education Intern works with the Member Services team members on projects involving communication and content development, website updates and management, research, and administrative support. In this role, the intern will also learn about the tools and resources necessary to support advocacy and voter education efforts of member corporations and business associations. Projects will focus on developing educational resources for government affairs professionals, staying updated and reporting upcoming federal and state election dates, researching advocacy topics, and supporting the team on other projects as needed.
· Support the Member Services team with advocacy and voter education initiatives.
· Assist with updating BIPAC resources and members-only website portal.
· Help to develop voter education content including samples, templates, and toolkits.
· Research changing trends in advocacy and get out the vote programs.
· Develop a get out the vote social media plan.
· Provide administrative support and assist with other assignments as needed.
Education and Experience: Applicant must be currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program.
Skill Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a high level of organization and attention to detail is required. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Ability to multitask and to work independently as well as collaboratively. Professional attitude and an interest in the political process and corporate/association government relations. Ability to manage long and short-term projects.
Compensation: BIPAC internships can be used for course credit but are unpaid. If the internship is in-person, Metro benefits are provided.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please send your resume and cover letter to Dalexi Carrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.