We’re seeking a Supply Chain Intern to assist the Supply Chain Team in meeting both departmental and business objectives. This individual will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of daily supply chain activities: including reporting, analytics, procurement activities, ERP system maintenance, pricing negotiations, and supplier management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support Supply Chain Department on daily tasks.
- Generate process and procedure documents for critical supply chain functions.
- Suggest and investigate opportunities for Supply Chain improvement.
- Access and navigate ERP system for the purpose of maintaining supply chain data accuracy.
- Assists in new product launch process: sourcing of suppliers, requesting and reviewing quotes, contract negotiations, manages master data in ERP system.
- Participate in both internal and external weekly meetings.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure the timely and successful delivery of goods.
- Ensure that problems relating to pricing, delivery, or quality are promptly conveyed internally and externally and resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform data collection, spreadsheet creation, and data analysis.
- Perform Sales analysis and forecast development. Assist with forecast entry into ERP system. Provide forecasts to suppliers as required based on sales and production plans.
- Assist with inventory analysis.
- Support production planners as well as other internal personnel and departments with requirements planning.
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university with a concentration in Business or a related field.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.