A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
**CAES will consider a PhD or new PhD graduate for this role**
CAES is looking for an experienced Senior Principal Silicon RFIC Design Engineer to join our team in Exeter, NH. Impactful position driving the design and development of innovative, leading-edge Silicon RFICs and SOCs. Using RF CMOS and/or SiGe BiCMOS processes you’ll work with multi-discipline Engineering teams, across business units, to solve the most challenging problems. Working closely with customers, both internal and external, to define requirements and optimum technology. Ability to travel up to 10%.
We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
· Manage responsible design activities for RFIC and multi-chip module products including cost, schedule, and technical details. Manage internal and customer funded research and development projects.
· Proficient in the use of RF simulation tools to perform necessary modeling such as spice, linear, non-linear, and EM.
· Perform necessary analyses such as cascade chain analysis, stability analysis, yield analysis, and Power budgets, as part of the design flow methodology.
· Understanding of performance trade-offs related to chip design: process technology, circuit topologies, chip floor planning and architectures.
· Review customer requirements and functional block diagrams looking for RFIC insertion opportunities.
· Assists customers to understand trade-offs to assist in defining RFIC/SOC specifications, through analysis, simulation, modeling.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Develops new technology and provides inputs to the technology and product roadmaps.
· Integral part of RFIC/SOC packaging efforts, including EM simulation, thermal analysis.
· Ready to learn and share knowledge with colleagues as appropriate.
· Experience in measurements performed to characterize chip level RFICs and SOCs
· Collaborate in team meetings and activities.
· Ability to work independently and as part of small development teams.
· Support Business Development team in the proposal writing process.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or related technical degree.
· Eleven (11) + years of design experience including Four (4) + years in submicron processes 180nm, or less, RF CMOS or SiGe BiCMOS.
· Seven (7) + years of RF and EM simulation tools such as Cadence, Keysight ADS, and EM modeling such as HFSS or Momentum.
· Six (6) + years of experience driving block level circuits through all relevant circuit checks, such as LVS and DRC, ready for insertion into a larger RFIC or SoC.
· Six (6) + years of experience in performing trade-offs in technology selection, circuit topologies, affordability, reliability and other considerations within the different categories of RFICs such as power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, up/down converters, phase shifters and attenuators.
· Eleven (11) + years of general knowledge of digital CMOS circuits/gates, as may be part of an interface to a larger SOC.
· This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license).
· Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
· Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) or PhD in EE preferred or equivalent experience.
· Frequencies from microwave to millimeter wave (10 to 40 GHz).
· Ability to drive a full RFIC/SOC, with delivered digital content, through all necessary chip level checks, ready for foundry submission.
· Understanding of microwave and mm-Wave measurements and calibration methods: S-parameters, noise figure, linearity and intermodulation distortion.
· Experience with mixed-signal and digital design.
· RF Systems knowledge.
· Radiation hardness awareness for technology selection and design requirements a plus.
· DOD work experience and active security clearance.
· Some experience with Linux and code/circuit repositories such as SVN or SynchronicityTime Management & Organizational skills: adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Excellence behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@caes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.