CalPortland is seeking a summer intern for the Corporate Engineering Group. This internship is ideal for a student interested in energy engineering. The intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of heavy capital projects and/or maintenance projects. Exposure to various plants, aggregate, ready-mix, and cement.
- Complete Safety and MSHA training and any other site/job specific required training
- Carry-out and practice all Safety training and Company policies in the CalPortland workplace
- Perform data entry into Energy Star tracking tool, perform energy analysis calculations for energy projects, etc.
- Additional work with the Chief Energy Engineer
- Assist in routine housekeeping and maintenance of the facilities
- Learn about other CalPortland departments and interface as required
- Attend Summer Intern Orientation event at Corporate Headquarters in Glendora, CA
- Perform plant tasks as assigned
Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, or a related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Expert in Excel (visual basic or macro creation in spreadsheets are important)
- Good attendance and punctual
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work in the field in summer conditions
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and be insurable to drive company vehicles
• Prior experience or internship in the construction or building materials industry
At CalPortland, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. That’s why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans. Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program. The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.