Would you like to work on the campaign of one of Philadelphia’s most dynamic elected Democratic officeholders?
Rebecca Rhynhart shook the Philadelphia political establishment in 2017 when she unseated the Democratic incumbent in a primary to become Philadelphia’s first female City Controller. This past year Rebecca was ranked #3 of Philadelphia Magazines list of the 76 Most Influential Philadelphians.
As Controller, Rebecca has:
- Fought for transparency in government
- Pushed the City to create a centralized unit to investigate sexual misconduct cases after auditing city government’s sexual misconduct policies and procedures
- Investigated the procurement process for the City’s new voting systems
- Reviewed the diversity of the City’s exempt workforce, regularly and transparently releasing the data
- Under Rebecca Rhynhart’s leadership, the Controller’s Office audited every Philadelphia City department, every year as required by law, a practice that had not always occurred with previous controllers
Last year Rebecca boldly presented an alternative to the Mayor’s budget that provides a more effective way to deal with our current health and financial crisis. Most recently, Rebecca released a report on what went wrong during the city’s response to civil unrest last summer and outlined recommendations to ensure it never happens again.
Rebecca has an MPA from Columbia University and a BA from Middlebury College. Born and raised in the Philadelphia region, Rebecca currently resides in Center City with her husband and daughter. For more on Rebecca visit www.RebeccaForPhiladelphia.com
Rebecca is now hiring campaign fundraising staff for her 2021 reelection campaign!
Prior campaign and fundraising experience not required. Excellent opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in politics or looking for a once in a lifetime experience.
- Working directly with Rebecca
- Organizing and coordinating fundraising events
- Compiling and analyzing data, research
- Developing and implementing strategic plans
- Working with the Communications team on campaign website / social media efforts
Applicants for this position must:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be detail oriented
- Be able to write clearly and concisely
- Be able to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Have proven organizational skills
- Be personable and enjoy working with others
- Be comfortable communicating on the telephone
- Ideally, have database, website and social media experience
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: Lori@RebeccaForPhiladelphia.com