Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Strategy Group has played a primary role in transforming Capital One from a small startup in 1994 to one of the largest financial institutions in the country. The group is accountable to the CEO and functions as an internal consultancy, partnering with company leadership to solve the industry’s toughest challenges and develop delightful products and experiences for our millions of customers.
We’re seeking innovative, passionate interns with a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds who want to join an agile team and help transform banking.
The Strategy Consulting Intern Role
Strategy Interns have the exciting opportunity to:
- Shape the direction of one of the largest companies in the United States while developing world-class consulting skills
- Work collaboratively on small project teams, taking on company-defining strategic issues and directly advising the company’s CEO and senior executives
- Partner with experienced consultants
- Advance critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and leadership skills in an inclusive environment dedicated to professional development
- Leverage the expertise of team members from a variety of professional backgrounds, including financial services, management consulting, and entrepreneurship
Capital One Analyst Internship Program
Join interns from groups across Capital One for:
- Experiential education and training (leadership development, complex problem solving exercises, leading change)
- Compelling networking activities
- Meaningful interaction with senior leaders from across the company
- Team bonding and fun!
Accelerate Your Career
The Capital One Strategy Group serves as a powerful springboard for our Interns’ careers. Strategy Group alumni have exceptional track records of:
- Advancement within Strategy and throughout Capital One
- Acceptance to top business schools, with full sponsorship opportunities available
- Other advanced degrees (e.g., PhD programs, Medicine, Law)
- Moving onto exciting careers across a variety of industries, including big tech, start-ups, public service, investment banking, political campaigns, military service, external consulting, and non-profits
We are based at Capital One’s headquarters in McLean, Virginia, just outside of DC, accessible by the metro. To learn more about us, visit campus.capitalone.com/strategy.
This is a paid internship.
The Ideal Candidate Would:
- Be curious and enjoy solving complex problems
- Have the ability to work collaboratively in different team environments
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Will obtain a bachelor’s degree or higher obtained between December 2022 and August 2023
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.