Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet.
Our global Engineering team is evolving to maintain Carrier’s lead position in the market through investments in advanced research, technologies and methods that will shape the future of our products and services. As part of this transformation, we are hiring and empowering early career talent to help us innovate and pursue sustainable solutions for our customers!
Carrier is seeking graduates with skills in Engineering, Software Development, Embedded Systems, Data Analytics, Model Based Development, and Cybersecurity, and UI Development to join our Engineering Graduate Hire Program (GHP). As a GHP Associate, you will have a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. You will have opportunities to launch and develop your career, interact with leadership, and develop a strong professional network!
Key Job Responsibilities:
Your job responsibilities as an Modeling and Simulation, HVAC Engineer include:
- Design, model, simulate alternative HVAC systems based on vapor compression cycles or others.
- Understand alternative system-level control modes to optimize design and operation
- Understand and propose different market insertion models
- Be able to conduct system demonstrations, based on strong systems engineering methods, starting with understanding technical and market requirements.
In addition, you will have exposure to formal and on-the-job training in areas such as:
- Agile methodologies
- Change management
- Customer engagement
- Executive presence & communications
- Project management
- Product management
Experience / Qualifications:
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Proactive and results-driven; thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Relevant internships or co-op experiences within Engineering functions
- Less than one year of professional work experience
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, modeling and simulation tools such as Modelica, and physics-based data-driven models, is a plus.
- Knowledge of economic analysis and business models is a plus
- Knowledge of system engineering methodologies, design of experiments is a plus
- Knowledge of design thinking and voice of the customer methodologies is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment with support groups (business development, product development, research and development)
- team work, self-starter
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in an Engineering, Digital, or STEM-related field
- 3.2 GPA preferred, 3.0 minimum
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice