Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a world leader in heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration solutions. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet. Our global Engineering team is evolving to maintain Carrier’s lead position in the market through investments in advanced research, technologies, and methods that will shape the future of our products and services. As part of this transformation, we are hiring and empowering early career talent to help us innovate and pursue sustainable solutions for our customers.
Carrier helps improve the air quality in buildings to keep people healthy with a complete line of equipment and services for the global residential and commercial property markets. Check us out online at: https://www.corporate.carrier.com/healthybuildings/.
As people around the world adjust to a new normal, the health of our buildings – and how they influence personal health – is top of mind for all. COVID-19 has highlighted what’s important in the spaces where we live and work – those indoor environments can play a critical role in public health.
Carrier’s Healthy Buildings Program provides an expanded suite of advanced solutions to help deliver healthier, safer, more efficient, and productive indoor environments across key verticals, including commercial offices, healthcare, hospitality, education, and retail. From products to improve indoor air quality and remote services to manage ventilation in buildings to touchless solutions in public spaces, Carrier is redefining the spaces of the future today.
Carrier’s Healthy Buildings program in Syracuse, NY, is seeking a qualified undergraduate student candidate for a full-time position.
- Support development programs through field and laboratory testing to evaluate, analyze, validate and simulate new product concepts.
Education / Certifications
- Open to engineering and computer science with a bachelor’s from an ABET-accredited program.
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including report writing and presenting technical information.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, able to work independently, organized, and able to follow directions well.
- Knowledge and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment are essential for success in this position.